B.Sc. Nursing - 4 years Degree course
The B.Sc. Nursing programme of Four years duration leading to a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences is designed to enable the Bachelor's Degree in nursing to acquire greater knowledge and understanding in order to function efficiently and effectively as clinical nurses, educators, managers and to assume professional leadership.
B.Sc. Nursing Admission Procedure
"Application form and prospectus for B.Sc. can be obtained from the office of the Principal, Vijay Marie College of Nursing, Begumpet, Hyderabad -500016, A. P. on payment of prescribed fee - in cash/ DD drawn in favour of VIJAY MARIE HOSP. & EDNL SOCIETY, VMCON A/C.
- The institution admits only unmarried female candidates for the four years B.Sc. Nursing course.
- Candidates should have completed 17 years of age and should not be more than 25 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Minimum educational qualification is a pass in Intermediate Examination or Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course) or Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2) or an equivalent with 12 years of schooling from a recognized Institution under a recognized University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) as subjects. (The equivalence is determined only by the Dr. N.T.R.U.H.S., Vijayawada).
- Candidates awaiting Intermediate/II PUC results are also eligible to take the application.
- The candidates should possess good health and character.
- Being an Institution run by the minorities with a minority status, preference is given to candidates belonging to Christian minority.
- At the end of every academic year, there will be Theory and Practical examinations conducted by the Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
- There will be an internal assessment test in each subject conducted by the College. The internal assessment carries 25% marks of the total of the University marks.
- The candidates will have to pay the examination fees determined by the university from time to time.
For Students from other Countries
Candidates joining the course are requested to submit the following
- VISA which is valid for the complete duration of the Course.
- Permission from the Government of India.
- The entry qualification equivalency i.e. 12th standard will be obtained from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi; Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada